Laser Dentistry in Atlanta
Laser technology is now widely used in the medical and dental fields to enhance the success of various treatments. At Atlanta Smiles & Wellness, Drs. Dina Giesler and Marianna Kovitch have years of collective training and experience utilizing the most advanced and modern laser technology to help patients achieve optimal oral health and beautiful smiles. At our Atlanta dental practice we are pleased to offer the Gemini 810 + 980 Diode Laser, the first dual-wavelength soft-tissue diode laser available in the U.S. for the removal or shaping of hard and soft tissue. This amazing technology allows dentists to perform laser dentistry treatments faster, smoother and more efficiently than ever before.
How Is Laser Dentistry Used?
Traditionally, tissues of the mouth were reshaped using scalpels, drills and other manual instruments. In laser dentistry, concentrated laser light energy replaces manual cutting instruments and effectively vaporizes, removes and shapes soft and hard tissue. Thanks to the precision of the laser, the surrounding tissue is left untouched and undamaged. The concentrated laser light can also be used to seal blood vessels and nerve endings during surgery, minimizing bleeding and swelling during surgery. Laser dentistry also targets bacteria, decreasing the risk of infection and encouraging faster healing post-surgery. Laser dentistry also minimizes tooth sensitivity, allowing patients to receive dental care in a comfortable manner.
At Atlanta Smiles & Wellness, our dentists use the Gemini 810 + 980 Diode Laser for an array of dental treatments, including:
- Esthetic gingivectomy (slight tissue removal to make teeth appear bigger with slight tissue removal)
- Gum (periodontal) disease treatment
- Apthous ulcer treatment
- Canker and cold sore therapy
- Gum line recontouring (reshaping)
What Are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry offers several advantages:
- Cuts and reshapes tissue in a more precise manner than manual instruments (e.g., scalpel and drills)
- Causes less pain because there is less heat and vibration
- Minimizes the need for anesthesia and injections
- Lack of drill means less anxiety, allowing patients to receive dental care in a comfortable and relaxed manner
- Minimizes bleeding and swelling during and after dental surgery, which results in a faster recovery
- Reduces risk of infection and complications after surgery
- Often eliminates the need for sutures after surgery
- Minimizes tooth sensitivity during and after surgery
Personalized Dental Care with Atlanta Smiles & Wellness
At our premier dental practice, we understand that no two patients are the same, which is why we are committed to providing personalized dental care that is tailored to meet the needs and goals of each patient. Utilizing the most advanced dental methods and technology we can create an individualized treatment plan for you, one that can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
For more information on laser dentistry, schedule a consultation with Dr. Giesler or Dr. Kovitch of Atlanta Smiles & Wellness. Contact our dental practice by calling (404) 262-7733 today.