Clear Image Aligners Atlanta
Do you wish to have straight, uniform teeth but dread the idea of wearing bulky, metal wire braces? Good news! Straightening your teeth is now easier and more comfortable than ever with Clear Image Aligners. This innovative orthodontic treatment involves wearing a series of custom-made clear aligners that slip over your teeth and gradually shift them to the desired position. Clear Image Aligners are removable and nearly invisible – you will be able to smile confidently during and after treatment.
Clear Image Aligners are available at our Atlanta dental office Schedule an appointment today to learn whether Clear Image Aligners are right for you.
How Do Clear Image Aligners Work?
Clear Image Aligners is a short-term orthodontic treatment that corrects mild to moderate tooth misalignment. It uses a series of clear, thin trays made of thermoplastic to gently straighten teeth over the course of several months. The trays are made using impressions of your teeth, ensuring a perfect fit.
The Benefits of Clear Image Aligners
Clear Image Aligners offers several benefits over traditional metal braces, including:
- Shorter treatment time. The average treatment time with Clear Image Aligners is five months while traditional braces need to be worn anywhere between a year and a half to two years.
- Nearly invisible. Clear Image Aligners are transparent, allowing you to discreetly straighten your teeth.
- They are removable. The aligners can be removed for eating, brushing teeth and to clean them.
- Maintenance is easy. Because they are removable, the aligners can be cleaned easier than traditional braces.
- Treatment typically costs less than traditional braces. Clear Image Aligners are typically more cost effective than traditional braces for mild-to-moderate tooth alignment.
Your set of Clear Image Aligners will be custom-made to fit your specifications. Our dentists will take impressions of your bite as well as X-rays and photographs of your teeth. This information will be used to create your aligner trays. Each set of trays will be worn for approximately three weeks. The trays will gradually and subtly move teeth to the desired position. At the three-week mark, you will come into our dental office to exchange your trays for a new set, which will move your teeth to the next desired position. Discomfort with the Clear Image Aligners is minimal. You may feel some slight soreness when you begin wearing each new set of aligners. This is temporary and should subside within one to two days.
Typically patients wear four to six sets of aligners. Treatment time is typically five months. Keep in mind that each patient is different and your total treatment time will depend on your personal needs. For optimal results, you should wear your Clear Image Aligners for approximately 23 hours a day, only removing them for brushing, flossing, eating and cleaning. Following treatment, we may provide you with a custom-made retainer to maintain your straight smile.
To learn more about Clear Image Aligners, please schedule a consultation with Atlanta Smiles & Wellness. Call (404) 262-7733 today to speak to a member of our team.