Are you self-conscious about the color of your teeth? Do you avoid smiling because of yellow or stained teeth? Teeth whitening can be a simple and effective solution to brighten your smile. But should you do it at home or with your dentist? There are specific benefits of teeth whitening with a professional that you may not get doing it yourself.
Many DIY teeth whitening products are available, but they may not deliver consistent results. Professional teeth whitening with your dentist can provide a safe, effective and long-lasting alternative to over-the-counter products.
Eight key benefits of teeth whitening done professionally.
- Safer – Professional teeth whitening is generally safer than over-the-counter whitening kits. A qualified dental professional oversees the process. Working with your dentist for teeth whitening can help to reduce the risk of irritation or other side effects caused by the incorrect application or use of products.
- Quicker – Professional teeth whitening can often provide results in a single session in the office compared to over-the-counter kits, which may take several weeks or months to achieve the desired outcome. Also, custom trays offered by your dentist for home use provide more consistent results to improve your teeth’s appearance in a shorter time.
- More effective – Professional teeth whitening products and methods typically work better than over-the-counter products, allowing you to achieve a brighter, whiter smile. Your dentist can help yellow teeth become white more consistently and effectively by using professional products and methods.
- Longer lasting – Teeth whitening from cosmetic dental procedures and products last longer. Professional teeth whitening can last up to two years, depending on the method used for whitening. Over-the-counter whitening kits typically require repeated use every few weeks or months to maintain the results. When your dentist monitors your progress, you can avoid whitening your teeth too much and creating an artificial appearance. The results not only last longer but fit your smile goals better.
- Customizable – With professional teeth whitening, your dentist can customize the procedure or product to your needs and desired results. You can work with your dentist to choose the best tooth whitening process for your oral health and smile goals. Your dental team can also combine teeth whitening with other cosmetic procedures to create a plan for your smile makeover.
- More comfortable – Over-the-counter teeth whitening products often use strips and trays that can be messy to manage and don’t fit your teeth well. These products can also wear away at the tooth enamel leading to sensitive spots on the teeth. Professional teeth whitening products include customized trays for an accurate fit and monitored procedures to deter tooth sensitivity.
- Professional advice – When a dentist whitens your teeth, they will be able to provide advice on keeping your whitening results for as long as possible, such as avoiding certain foods and drinks that can stain the teeth. In addition, a dentist can work with you to provide the best whitening solution for your teeth. Often dentists offer a few methods for teeth whitening to give patients options that fit their needs. Your oral health and cosmetic goals are the priority.
- Boosts confidence – The biggest benefit of professional teeth whitening is the boost in confidence! A brighter, whiter smile can make you feel more attractive and confident. Teeth whitening works well as a standalone procedure or in combination with other cosmetic solutions, like clear aligners, gum contouring and more.
Teeth whitening FAQs
What dentist teeth whitening services are available?
The KöR Whitening System works by restoring your teeth’s youthful ability to absorb oxygen. The oxygen from the whitening gel is absorbed deeply into the tooth, dissolving and removing stain molecules.
Zoom! Teeth Whitening is an in-office teeth whitening procedure that uses a high-intensity light source to remove stains from teeth. The process takes approximately one and a half hours, leading to unbelievable results.
Custom tray teeth whitening offers an ongoing teeth whitening process where patients use custom trays at home. Our professional dental team customizes the trays using impressions (molds) created in-house or a digital scan and send it to the lab for special customized trays.
How many sessions does it take to whiten teeth?
The number of sessions required to whiten teeth will depend on the procedure and desired results. Professional teeth whitening can often provide results in a single session, compared to at-home kits, which may take several weeks or months. Some patients may need multiple sessions for more significant staining or discoloration. Your dentist can advise you on the best course of action.
Are professional teeth whitening solutions safe?
One of the key benefits of teeth whitening done by a professional is that it is considered to be safer than DIY whitening kits because a qualified dental professional oversees the process and uses trusted products and proven methods. This can help to reduce the risk of irritation or other side effects caused by an incorrect application or use of products.
How much does professional teeth whitening cost?
The cost of professional teeth whitening can vary depending on the procedure used and the desired results. Your dentist will be able to advise you on the best course of action and provide an estimate of the cost.
Why is teeth whitening best done at the dentist?
It’s best to work with a dental professional for teeth whitening. For starters, your dentist can determine the cause of your discoloration and customize a treatment plan to suit your needs. The products used by dentists are typically much more effective than those found in over-the-counter kits, allowing you to achieve faster, longer-lasting results with fewer sessions. Your dentist can also provide advice on how to maintain your results and reduce the risk of side effects.
Let Atlanta Smiles help brighten your smile
Overall, the key benefits of teeth whitening with your dentist is that its a safe and effective way to brighten your smile. If you are looking for a quick, long-lasting solution to get rid of yellow or stained teeth, talk to your Atlanta Smiles dentist about teeth whitening today!
At Atlanta Smiles, we are general and cosmetic dentists with decades of experience helping our patients restore their oral health and create their dream smiles. One of the quickest ways we can improve a smile is with teeth whitening.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment or consultation for professional teeth whitening.